Sail With Us
There are various ways in which you can join us, such as Day and Weekend sails, Private Venue Hire and Glamping experiences! Each of these options can be tailored to suit your needs, ensuring that your time with us is everything you want it to be.
As such, we recommend getting in touch to discuss your trip. Please see the options below and click on the buttons to be directed to our contact form. Please note: The guide prices below are for whole vessel charter, however if you are a solo traveller you may still be able to join a trip – please get in touch to discuss.
Join Lynher for a day of sailing around the waters that define Cornwall and Devon. Enjoy a taste of life under sail, whilst watching the world drift by as we glide quietly on the rivers.
- Up to 12 people of all ages
- No experience needed
- Hot drinks and pasties or a locally sourced, Mediterranean-style picnic lunch.
- Perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, retirement parties or just a treat for your family and friends.
Prices start from £650 for Whole Boat Charter
For longer voyages stay onboard Lynher for the weekend. You’ll have more time to explore the rivers, take a swim, watch the sun go down on deck and wake up to the lapping of water against the hull. Lynher has a cosy hold, fitted out with comfortable bunks, galley and toilet facilities. You will be joined by crew members who will look after you at all times.
- Up to 6 people of all ages.
- No experience needed, although expect some hands-on sailing and navigating.
- Warm dinners, hearty lunches and beverages supplied.
- Local attractions include National Trust property Cotehele Quay, where Lynher can moor up alongside. (Tide dependent).
Prices start from £2250 for Whole Boat Charter
In 2022, Lynher will use the historic quay on the Cotehele estate as a base for her operations. The former country residence of the Edgcumbe Family is now managed by the National Trust.
Cotehele was once an active and busy quay where goods such as local produce, coal, timber and fertiliser were shipped to and from Plymouth. Barges were a large part of this operation. Cotehele Quay is home to Tamar barge Shamrock. Lynher will moor alongside, uniting the only existing Tamar barges in a historic setting.
With Lynher, you are able to explore the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site and Area of Outstanding Beauty, the Tamar Valley. From events to weekend breaks, you can join Lynher for a unique experience which connects the past to the present.
Enjoy a new, alternative way to discover the Tamar Valley, with a mixture of walking, sailing and a train ride! Starting at Calstock, you can walk to Cotehele Estate where Lynher will be waiting to take you downriver. Stop off at Weir Quay, grab some lunch, before exploring the Bere Peninsula and getting the train back to Calstock over the Viaduct. You can also book to go down to Plymouth, for a longer sail, and take the train back to Calstock from there. See some example routes below.
- Up to 12 people of all ages
- No sailing experience needed
- Perfect for nature lovers, ramblers, history enthusiasts.
- Start at Cotehele. Option to stop at Weir Quay or Plymouth for longer sail.
- Take train from Bere Alston or Plymouth to get back to Calstock.
Prices start from £50pp. This is a tide dependent activity! Get in touch for a chat about options.
An example walk from Calstock to Cotehele.
A simple walk from Weir Quay to Bere Alton train station.
A longer walk from Weir Quay to Bere Alston train station via river path and viaduct.
Private Venue/Dinner Aboard at Cotehele
A beautiful and unique historical vessel is perfect for your event. Locally sourced, fresh, Mediterranean food is available and drinks too. The boat will be moored alongside the quay, so no need to go sailing! Step onboard for a memorable occasion.
- Up to 12 dinner guests
- Up to 6 guests overnight
- Food and drinks included. Stays overnight are also available. Toilet facilities on board or at Cotehele Quay.
Prices on request depending on menu requirements
Glamping on Lynher
Hire Lynher during the summer months as a glamping experience! When moored at Cothele Quay, Lynher provides an exciting place for a staycation. Enjoy walks around the Cothele estate and surrounding countryside – a certified Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Site of Special Scientific Interest.
- Up to 6 people
- Water-based activities provided such as SUP and rowing.
- An employee of Lynher CIC will be with you daily for safety measures and to help with activities if necessary.
Prices start at £295/night
Lynher has been welcoming school groups and families for four years. An exciting and educational visit, Lynher can offer classes on a variety of subjects such as tides and local history. Click here to find out more…
RYA and Seamanship Training
Interested in learning navigation and traditional seamanship? The Lynher barge can provide RYA courses onboard with professional, experienced and certified teachers. Click here to find out more…
Lynher is a working, historic vessel. This means there are some areas which are harder to access below and some trip hazards on deck.